TDCAA Community
Is Richard Alpert Lost?

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/5681045781

March 02, 2009, 15:44
Jeff Swain
Is Richard Alpert Lost?
I know it's really juvenile, but every time I watch "Lost" and they make reference to what Richard Alpert told somebody, I can't help but laugh and picture our Richard as the never-aging Others member on "the Island".

I think this has the makings of some kind of syndrome....
March 02, 2009, 15:57
David Newell
Perhaps that explains the DWI curse among the actors on the show?
March 02, 2009, 16:09
Andrea W
I'm glad someone else brought this up, because I snicker every time I hear his name on the show. Smile
March 02, 2009, 16:44
Brent Robbins
SO GLAD I'm not the only one.....

My wife still doesn't get it, though (she having never met Richard - despite my explanation of who he is) when I laugh and say (in the voice of "ButtHead"):

"He said Richard Alpert."
March 03, 2009, 07:34
Richard Alpert
I have not watched the show since Season Two so I have never seen the character but I sure did get a lot of calls and emails at the start of the new season. I intend to rent Season 3 on Netflix so no spoilers please. FYI I am much more comfortable sharing my name with a TV character then with Ram Das.
March 03, 2009, 10:47
LT
Richard, you could definitely do worse. He appears to be immortal, he's adored by his followers, he travels the world, and he's smokin' hot!

Yes, I get a kick out of it too.
March 03, 2009, 23:22
GG
Alpert is like some sort of Benjamin Button character, except that instead of aging backwards, he just stopped growing older some years back, like he's stuck in a time warp.
March 04, 2009, 10:50
ADornburg
Thing is, Richard, lots these characters in the show seem to be named after famous philosophers/scientists:

Danielle Rousseau
John Locke
Mikhail Bakunin
Boone Carlyle
Desmond Hume
Jeremy Bentham
Daniel Faraday
Eloise Hawking

and, of course,

Richard Alpert, a.k.a. Ram Dass, if you want to call him a philosopher/scientist.