TDCAA Community
iPhone anyone?

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/6041002171

July 10, 2008, 07:47
JB
iPhone anyone?
I'm curious how many prosecutors are getting or using an iPhone?

I read a story recently on how a smart Apple laptop owner recovered her stolen laptop. She used the software that permits access to the computer from a remote location, turned on PhotoBooth (software on the laptop that uses the iSight camera) and took a remote picture of the person staring at her stolen laptop. She then looked at that photo and recognized the face from a recent party at her home. Took it to police and recovered her laptop. Very nice.
July 10, 2008, 08:53
rk
I will, once it's not monopolized by AT&T.
July 10, 2008, 08:58
Larry L
I got an iPhone about 9 months ago and it is GREAT, especially being able to plug into a USB and automatically sync with my Outlook calendar and contacts. My wife is not a techo geek, but says she will never use anything else - she uses hers for e-mail, maps, alarm clock, and iPod. It is super easy to use and intuitive.
July 10, 2008, 09:02
<Bob Cole>
I'm not going to get an iPhone until they are able to drive my car for me.
July 10, 2008, 09:03
JohnR
I have a colleague who uses one and really likes it. My blackberry is dying and I'm considering one, but my county doesn't believe they will support it, which might dissuade me. I like email on my phone. I did send the IT folks Apple's page showing that iPhone 2.0 is supposed to be Exchange compliant . . .
July 10, 2008, 09:07
David Newell
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Cole:
I'm not going to get an iPhone until they are able to drive my car for me.

Smile Even if I someday get one, that made me laugh.
July 10, 2008, 09:16
JohnW
I guess I'm gadget-challenged. Give me a pencil and a pocket calendar and I'm happy. Batteries are cheaper, too. My cell phone has been turned off for 95% of its life. That thing is for my convenience, not everyone else's.