TDCAA Community
New CCA blog

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/6101085171

July 16, 2008, 06:51
GG
New CCA blog
R.J. MacReady, who I think made their online debut on this site, has a new blog devoted to the CCA. Just think, a thread hijack about mac and cheese gives birth to deep thinking.

http://www.txccablog.com/

I have a real good idea who it is, based upon the title of one of the posts, but that'll be my secret for now.
July 16, 2008, 08:36
R.J. MacReady
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
July 16, 2008, 08:45
JAS
What an excellent idea. I look forward to more.

JAS
July 16, 2008, 08:47
GG
Although R.J. pays homage in his text to Judge Cochran's fascination with Sir Walter Raleigh, thankfully (and mercifully, I might add) there was absolutely no reference to Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, Alice in Wonderland or the dreaded "through the looking glass".
July 16, 2008, 09:27
A.P. Merillat
R.J. cool photo - Are you Cat Stephens (before his departure from the freeworld as we know it) ?
July 16, 2008, 09:33
R.J. MacReady
But no, that's Kurt Russell from John Carpenter's The Thing.
July 16, 2008, 11:10
JohnR
That movie still makes me shiver.
July 16, 2008, 11:13
A.P. Merillat
So, Kurt Russell is Cat Stephens.
If he floats, he's a witch. Carrot for a nose or not. I think I've got it finally. Being enlightened is very pleasant.
July 16, 2008, 12:32
Scott Brumley
First, I dig that movie.

Second, a little colloquy from that flick comes to mind that handily describes some of the courts in which I've practiced:

Q. What is that?
A. I don't know, but it's weird and p***ed off.
July 16, 2008, 12:59
R.J. MacReady
I was thinking more generally about the irony of picking as a disguise the one "true" person in a movie where no one is who they seem.

But your quote is so much cooler.
July 22, 2008, 07:00
GG
If you have not done so, check out this site. It is informative and interesting.

RJ knows alot about something else other than Macaroni. Like the law.

A refreshing site that is missing the usual stilted and uncomfortable dicta about the law. RJ is an everyman. And it appears his dialog is very honest.

It's now part of my daily legal websurfing schedule. As a trial attorney, for me at times some of it is a bit deep, but we need deep guys telling us about the appellate world.
December 20, 2009, 08:39
Martin Peterson
So, what has happened to R.J.? Will he/she be returning?
December 20, 2009, 08:56
GG
R.J. is notoriously hard to communicate with. I'll leave a chalk "X" on the planter near my front door step and await R.J.'s next email to me.

I heard a rumor, and just a rumor mind you, that RJ was working on becoming a NASCAR driver and hitting the circuit this next year.
December 20, 2009, 09:34
JB
Meanwhile, be sure to sign up for the weekly e-mail of TDCAA Case Summaries that include commentaries from mysterious and anonymous prosecutors around the state.
December 21, 2009, 14:49
Clay A.
Mysterious and anonymous prosecutors?
Mysterious, certainly!
Anonymous, hardly.