TDCAA Community
Musical crime

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/6497022116

September 08, 2013, 18:01
JB
Musical crime
A musician from Tennessee has been sentenced to more than 17 years in federal prison for trying to entice minors into having sex with him in Texas.

Anyone want to guess what instrument he plays? One has to wonder why the reporter found it significant to name the instrument. Perhaps he is familiar with its reputation.

Details.
September 09, 2013, 09:58
A.P. Merillat
First time I ever heard "banjo" and "musician" uttered in the same paragraph.
September 09, 2013, 10:11
JB
One gets a sense from the article that evidence showing the type of instrument was offered for the purpose of enhancing the punishment. Sort of an affirmative finding as to the use of a deadly weapon.
September 09, 2013, 10:59
Shannon Edmonds
Dang it! JB beat me to posting this.

How sad is it that the-musical-instrument-that-shall-not-be-named is now inextricably linked to the user forum in the minds of us old-timers?
September 09, 2013, 11:06
A.P. Merillat
Then, please allow this, from the mind of an old-timer - leaving the young folks to ponder what it's all about:

Exit Only.
September 09, 2013, 16:06
Scott Brumley
News, by its inherent nature, is novel or off-beat. That's why banjos make news. If the story had been about the depravity of guitar players, it would have been worthy only of a simple "nothing to see here. Move along."
October 03, 2013, 10:13
MDK27
Whatever happened to the flute? Pied Piper and American Pie.
October 08, 2013, 10:54
GG
quote:
Originally posted by A.P. Merillat:
First time I ever heard "banjo" and "musician" uttered in the same paragraph.

I don't care who you are, THAT'S FUNNY!

Reminds me of the joke about perfect pitch. Do you know what that is? It's when you toss a banjo into a dumpster and don't hit the sides of the dumpster. ca-ching!
October 08, 2013, 10:56
GG
The only things missing from this thread are the haunting beat of the djumbe, alternate means of alcohol intake and noodling.
October 08, 2013, 11:21
Scott Brumley
Don't forget guitarist jokes, my friend. You know, like ...

Q. How do you get a guitarist off your porch?
A. Pay him for the pizza.
October 17, 2013, 15:13
GG
Or the drummer jokes...

What's the difference between a pizza and a drummer?

A pizza can feed a family of four.
October 17, 2013, 16:15
JB
What is the difference between a banjo and a cattle guard?

You drive slow over the cattle guard.