TDCAA Community
Nudity:double standard

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/6931037831

October 23, 2006, 08:54
John Stride
Nudity:double standard
Maybe the judge is correctly interpreting the law in this case, but isn't there a double standard when it comes to nudity--men, convict them; women ignore them?

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-indecent21oct21,1,7066471.story?coll=la-headlines-california
October 23, 2006, 10:05
JB
Texas, like most states, has the following provision in the Government Code:

Sec.311.012. TENSE, NUMBER, AND GENDER.
(c) Words of one gender include the other genders.

I suspect the judge was more influenced by the consequence of sex offender registration than the gender issue.

Society probably does consider the male flasher more of a threat than the female flasher.
October 23, 2006, 10:28
David Newell
not that there's any need to be concerned about that in georgetown.
October 23, 2006, 11:15
Shannon Edmonds
Honestly, would YOU have ever brought that case to trial?!? "Silly" sounds about right.

Those neighbors need a taller fence.
October 23, 2006, 11:28
GG
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
not that there's any need to be concerned about that in georgetown.

There is absolutely NO nudity in Georgetown. None. Even baths are taken in swimsuits.
October 23, 2006, 13:12
JB
Shannon, I would need to see the evidence before making any decision about prosecution. I'm frankly surprised you would reach your conclusion without carefully examining the evidence from every angle.
October 23, 2006, 13:36
Scott Brumley
We have no idea what the viewing angles or lanes were. More importantly, we have no idea what any of the involved parties look like. Perhaps this is less an indecent exposure case than a public nuisance issue.
October 23, 2006, 13:41
A.P. Merillat
Actually the angle wasn't that bad at all, if you scrunched down on part of one knee and balanced yourself on two coffee cans perched on a bass drum case, cocked your head about so far this way, then got somebody to lift one of the coffee cans before the wind blew the tree limb too far off center just before they turned around to see if anybody was looking.
October 23, 2006, 14:55
GG
Banjo
October 23, 2006, 15:06
Boyd Kennedy
I have encountered one politically correct individual who pretended not to know that "his" and "he" are the traditional way that English-speakers refer to men and women generically. Maybe the judge falls into the same category.