TDCAA Community
Mexico Driver license valid?

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/6951057741

April 09, 2007, 23:34
TX-ONE
Mexico Driver license valid?
Is a Mexico driver license a valid Driver license in Texas? If I've established the person Lives here, has he not violated the requirement to obtain a TX-DL, and thus has no DL since I can't verify the Mexican Document?

I understand a person visiting with a Mexico DL is legit in the same way a Canadian driver license is. I've always been under the impression that they are good for a brief visit, but once you establish residency here you cant drive on the foreign DL?

Opinions appreciated.

www.cop-talk.net
April 10, 2007, 08:19
JAS
It has been some years (try 20) but I came to Texas with an English driver's license. At some point, I was required to obtain a Texas license. As for the details, I probably found out all I needed to know from the DPS.

JAS
April 10, 2007, 10:33
J Ansolabehere
You can find the information regarding reciprocity with international DLs at 37 Tex. Admin. Code 15.91.

Janette A
DPS Office of General Counsel
April 13, 2007, 15:46
TX-ONE
quote:
Originally posted by J Ansolabehere:
You can find the information regarding reciprocity with international DLs at 37 Tex. Admin. Code 15.91.

Janette A
DPS Office of General Counsel

Thanks for that info. Any idea where I can read it?

www.cop-talk.net
April 13, 2007, 15:47
TX-ONE
quote:
Originally posted by JAS:
It has been some years (try 20) but I came to Texas with an English driver's license. At some point, I was required to obtain a Texas license. As for the details, I probably found out all I needed to know from the DPS.

JAS

I understand this part. I wouldn't cite someone for no DL if they just moved here, same with foreign License plates.

www.cop-talk.net
April 16, 2007, 09:55
J Ansolabehere
You can find the DPS rule on foreign DLs on our website (www.txpds.state.tx.us) or on the Secretary of State's website (www.sos.state.tx.us).

Janette A
DPS