TDCAA Community
I've seen the light...

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/6981054361

April 01, 2008, 14:50
Floyd L. Jennings
I've seen the light...
I have seen the light: As of 4/12, I will begin provision of consultation services to Harris County, essentially full-time, in the area of mental health policy and planning, especially viz. mentally impaired offenders (splitting time between the S.O. and court administration). I will continue to provide occasional forensic evaluations but elsewhere in the state, and offer articles for publication -- and still answer questions from around the state on a host of mental health matters. This forum remains one which I review every day...I will change my profile to include my county email later..
April 01, 2008, 19:45
GG
Good for you, Floyd, and good for us as citizens. I just hope that the decision making types with budgetary control listen to what you have to say...
April 02, 2008, 08:33
Floyd L. Jennings
There is a vast difference between just putting out fires as they arise and making systemic changes. But Harris County is under much scrutiny and I will work hard both to respect the rights of those detained, as well as serve the citizenry and protect the county -- and more often than not, doing the latter benefits the former.

One idea I floated by Shannon some months ago is to solicit and edit a form list for a multiplicity of mh related matters and have them available in an on-line library...
April 02, 2008, 10:36
JohnR
I'd love to see an updated version of Shannon's flow chart for the original version of 46C if you're gonna be in the forms business.