This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/7141073602

May 11, 2010, 09:06
Shannon Edmonds
Is this ethical?
From Texas Lawyer's TexParte Blog:

March 01, 2010

Defense lawyer in Fort Hood shootings blogs

Those interested in closely following the prosecution of Major Nidal Malik Hasan, the U.S. Army psychiatrist who allegedly went on a shooting spree on Nov. 5, 2009, can go online. In late February, Hasan's defense counsel, Belton solo John Galligan, started posting blurbs--largely complaints about the prosecution's response to his requests--on his blog.

Compare: Texas Disciplinary Rule of Professional Conduct 3.07
May 11, 2010, 09:34
MW
I think not. But outside the conduct of Adam "Bulletproof" Repoza (I think that's his name.), has any conduct by a defense attorney - in the course of representing a defendant - ever been deemed unethical?
May 11, 2010, 09:44
John A. Stride
Not! It only serves to taint the proceedings and damage the integrity of the system. It is blatant, improper gamesmanship--all too frequent in higher profile cases. If the defense doesn't like what is happening, it should take its "complaints" in the first place to the proper authority: i.e., the trial court. Then, I believe, we have quite well-developed appellate system in which to seek redress!

But, also, under the ethics rules, isn't a party permitted to respond to improper comments--at least, to the extent of the invitation? Not that I'm suggesting it should be done.

[This message was edited by John A. Stride on 05-11-10 at .]