TDCAA Community
It Could Happen, Right?

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/8761074351

July 28, 2007, 17:31
JB
It Could Happen, Right?
Texas Woman's Body Found in Storage Room
HARLINGEN, Texas � A man who said he has damaged nerves in his nose never smelled his wife's decomposing body in a storage room of their home and thought she had left him, police said.

The couple's daughter was looking for a cat July 15 when she found Alicia Pilouw's body in a storage room filled with household items, Eugene Pilouw said. His wife had been gone for three days.

"I never smelled anything and I still don't smell anything," said Pilouw, who blames diabetes for his damaged nose. "I thought she had run away from home again � especially after I noticed an envelope with $250 was missing."

Harlingen police expect to get toxicology test results Monday that will help them determine 50-year-old woman's cause of death, police spokesman David Osborne said. He said that initial autopsy results were inconclusive.
July 29, 2007, 07:33
Martin Peterson
Did they find the $250?
July 30, 2007, 13:49
APorter
According to the Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (an arm of the National Institutes of Health), diabetes can be linked to losses in the sense of taste and/or smell.

Losses in those senses may also be attributable to aging, according to the NIH.

For more info, see the article "Taste and Smell Loss: Risk for Disease?" by Sophia P. Glezos (summarizing a presentation by Dr. Susan S. Schiffman).
July 30, 2007, 14:32
Scott Brumley
I wonder if he or his defense counsel can smell what a terrible idea it is to be talking to the media immediately after your wife's decomposing body has been found inside your own home.
July 30, 2007, 14:49
GG
The whole case stinks.
July 30, 2007, 15:26
WHM
quote:
Originally posted by GG:
The whole case stinks.

Not as bad as that pun.
July 30, 2007, 15:49
GG
I make no apologies for snarky jokes, my friend.

It is very hard to follow up an true intellectual like Brumley without failing miserably.
July 31, 2007, 09:23
Ken Sparks
If Brumley is an intellectual, what is he doing in Amarillo?
July 31, 2007, 11:28
Scott Brumley
I have been asked by the Chamber of Commerce, as well as the Amarillo chapter of the Banjo Enthusiasts' Entertainment Repertory, that you immediately cease and desist associating a fine community such as Amarillo with the likes of me.

In answer to your question, your supposition is correct. I'm no intellectual. I'm no noodler, either. That's why I moved to Amarillo.
July 31, 2007, 11:30
GG
Intellectual is as intellectual does.
August 01, 2007, 14:49
APorter
And Brumley certainly nose intellectuals.