TDCAA Community
Buzzed Driving

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/8781062111

December 30, 2005, 10:05
SAProsecutor
Buzzed Driving
"Buzzed Driving is Drunk Driving". Has anyone seen these billboards in their jurisdictions? They have popped-up recently in San Antonio. I like the campaign but I wonder if it confuses the general public. What do ya'll think?
December 30, 2005, 10:26
John Stride
I have been out of the state for nearly two weeks and returned this week to the news's stations talking about driving buzzed. I had seen a billboard with the message somewhere between the metroplex and the panhandle (Wichita Falls?) but I couldn't figure it out. At first, I also wondered what the media were talking about. The campaign now makes sense but you may be right about the confusion--at least initially.
December 30, 2005, 10:32
SAProsecutor
I figured people, not as bright as prosecutors, might look at that and go "huh?" Guess you can't solve the DWI problem with just one magic bullet campaign.
December 30, 2005, 10:32
Gordon LeMaire
Seen these on TV.

One shows a young woman knocking two front teeth out with a beer bottle. Then a different young woman puts down a beer bottle before leaving a party. The voice over says something like; you know when you're drunk, but buzzed driving is drunk driving.

I seem to recall another one but can't remember the script on it.
December 30, 2005, 10:54
Laurie Lindsey
If the ad makes you stop and think then it is probably working.
December 30, 2005, 11:21
John Stride
It's too bad you have to watch regular TV to put the whole thing together. I, and some others I know, abhor regular TV and rarely watch any (Shannon, do I recall you posting something similar along these lines?). But I grant we would probably be an exception and most of the public gets heavy doses of commercial airtime.