TDCAA Community
Anyone ever heard of this attorney?

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/897106613

February 21, 2005, 19:51
ABender
Anyone ever heard of this attorney?
I have a sexual assault of a child/indecency with a child case against a curmudgeon of an attorney named Ray Epps who has an office in Tomball TX. He allegedly practices primarily family law but apparently also does criminal defense. I was interested if any prosecutors in the Houston metropolitan area have had any experience with this attorney? I sent this guy a basic offer letter and he fired back this rude reply, then now seems baffled that I was aggravated by his reply letter. He says he's practiced law for 40+ years but seems to lack the ability to keep a civil tongue in his head in dealing with me. Confused
February 22, 2005, 01:18
GG
I've dealt with Ray off and on for over 15 years, and I have always had pleasant and cordial dealings with him. As I recall, he was once quite a prosecutor himself in Harris County in the 60's and/or 70's. I've dealt with him on numerous criminal cases and even some protective orders. Even in the heat of adversarial endeavors, he was fair, honest and quite competent. He is a very good trial lawyer who knows how to try a lawsuit.

Ray does have a very deep, gruff sounding voice, and I can see how someone could mistake him for being gruff based on the natural tone of his voice. He is sortof known for his unique voice.

Sorry if this isn't what you were looking for.

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 02-22-05 at .]
February 22, 2005, 10:06
Stephanie Stephens
Andria,

I dealt with Ray in Harris County, and possibly in Waller County. Email me.

Stephanie
steph7@cox-internet.com
February 22, 2005, 11:23
Joe Bob Johnson
Curmudgeon? Maybe Bridge City's Mr. Pate is kin to him.