TDCAA Community
standing request for public information

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/257098965/m/3841059822

December 29, 2011, 15:26
Jim Tirey
standing request for public information
I know that we don't have the obligation to honor standing requests for public information. Has anyone ever entered an agreement whereby your county agrees to provide the information on a continuing basis in exchange for some monetary consideration (thereby saving the requestor the need to make a request every week or day)?
December 30, 2011, 13:55
JohnR
I think alot of counties regularly sell their court and property data. Isn't it like that?
January 03, 2012, 09:39
Jones CA
I assume your sheriff got that email from Walter S. Brown wanting continuing inmate intake reports? if so, how are you responding?
January 03, 2012, 10:50
Jim Tirey
I have advised the Sheriff that he is only obligated to provide the information as it exists the day that he responds. I have also suggested seeing if he can work out an agreement with the requestor for the requestor to pay for regular updates in lieu of having to continually submit requests. Sound reasonable?
January 03, 2012, 11:09
Larry L
That sounds reasonable, but it would probably be wise to advise the sheriff that any other party requesting the same information on the same basis should also be accommodated under the same terms.