TDCAA Community
Election Questions...

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/257098965/m/3951091922

February 09, 2012, 13:39
Lisa Peterson
Election Questions...
OK, I'm speaking at the Civil on basic election issues. I plan to have a quick and dirty reference guide at the end of the paper - but - anyone have any thing they would REALLY like to see covered? Generally I'm looking at pre-election (ie, campaign issues), election day (equipment malfunction, who can help, who can be where), and post election (recount and canvasing)

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney
February 13, 2012, 13:53
Scott Brumley
I'm looking less for legal analysis, and more for a how-to guide. Big Grin
February 13, 2012, 16:08
Mack T. Harrison
You might want to touch on which county official (county clerk, county tax assessor-collector, or county elections administrator, depending on the individual county) has which duties pertaining to elections and voter registration.
February 16, 2012, 09:32
A. Diamond
I'd like to hear how others handle the 'criminalize your opponent game'. Every election season, there is a flurry of calls from candidates (or their best buddies) accusing their opponents of all kinds of things. Often an accusation call is followed ten minutes later by a phone call from some media reporter who says they have heard that we have just launched an investigation against candidate X. Really?
February 16, 2012, 13:02
rbianchi
Most of my calls pertain to location/timing/removal of campaign signs
February 16, 2012, 13:07
Ken Sparks
The magic language that must be placed on political signs and included in radio and TV ads.
February 16, 2012, 14:05
A. Diamond
And rules on Robo-calls, websites, technology in general...
February 20, 2012, 09:11
James
Oddly enought we get a lot of complaints regarding the size of the word "for" and its location and the use of the state seal
February 22, 2012, 08:47
A. Diamond
We get lots of those 'for' calls, too.