TDCAA Community
Shucking the stogies...

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/257098965/m/898101751

April 27, 2004, 11:17
Lisa Peterson
Shucking the stogies...
Our courthouse has been smoke free by tradition for several years - with the exception of the lobby and the jail. Since the lobby has become a favorite "parking spot" for loiterers (and smokers) the Commissioners are wanting to include it in the smoke free area, and put some teeth into the decision.

I'm up to my eyeteeth in 'gators at the moment - anyone have a quick and dirty ordinance with authorities that I can copy? It would be deeply appreciated - - -

Thanks,
lisa
August 20, 2004, 14:49
russell wilson
My (now former) County Judge just posted signs on her own and then yelled at anyone she caught smoking. It worked.
August 24, 2004, 16:56
J.L.H.
Hansford County is smoke free everywhere; including princinct barns!!!!!!!!Smoke-free also means no smoking in county motor vehicles including road graders, dozers and so forth. Pretty tough. Having lost my Mother to lung cancer I don't mind.

I'll get the resolution next time I am at the court house and figure out how to get it scanned into text.
Our smokers are relegated to two smoking areas OUTSIDE of the court house where there are smokeless ashtray things and a couple of chairs. Given Panhandle winter weather there were a few days that they just went on out to their personal autos and lite up out there. John
August 25, 2004, 11:32
J.L.H.
Hansford County has a resolution that reads:

Motion to enforce a smoke free courthouse was made by Commissioner___, second from Commissioner__. There will be temporary locations for smoking ouside the ease entrace of the Coiurt house and teh employee parking lot.
4 to 0 was the vote.
August 25, 2004, 13:30
mike bartley
How in the world did 4 commissioners in a rural county have the guts to pass that resolution? Good on them!
August 26, 2004, 08:43
LV
it would seem simple to me as banning smoking is one thing, but banning a good chaw is another Big Grin