TDCAA Community
County Support of Daycare

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/257098965/m/9321046181

November 21, 2008, 11:54
Jim Tirey
County Support of Daycare
We have in Plainview a daycare that is a nonprofit corporation that provides services to low-income families and also provides "off-hours" service to families whose caregivers work the overnight shifts at our local industries.

This daycare is expanding its facility, and is asking the County to provide either a financial contribution toward that expansion or a donation in services (e.g., earthmoving, etc.). I have found some AG opinion regarding county contribution toward daycare operations, but they all reference the Revised Civil Statutes. I have yet to find a disposition table or other source to tell me where those Civil Statutes ended up (if they are indeed still in effect).

I am hoping that one of you brilliant lawyers out there has run across this sort of issue and can perhaps give me a starting point for my research besides 1970's AG opinions.

Thanks for any input or help.
November 21, 2008, 13:15
Ray
You might start with section 81.027 of the Texas Local Government Code. Most of those AG opinions reference the Revised Civil Statutes dealing with support of paupers.
Now when I lived out your way I don't remember unique industries in Plainview. But I am glad to see they have arrived.
November 21, 2008, 14:37
Jim Tirey
And yes, we do have a few industries. They deal mainly with cattle, corn, and Wal-Mart, but they do have round-the-clock shifts.