TDCAA Community
Insanity Expert in Murder Case

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2623030567/m/5381056341

January 26, 2007, 11:41
Mark Edwards
Insanity Expert in Murder Case
The defense has given notice to use the defense of insanity in a murder case. Does anyone have a suggestion for an insanity expert for the prosecution?
January 29, 2007, 10:21
JK McCown
We use Dr. Richard Coons in Central Texas. I don't know if he comes to your area or not. I'll e-mail his contact info if I can figure out your e-mail.
January 29, 2007, 11:28
JAS
If you can manage with a psychologist, You might want to visit with Randy Price from Richardson, who testifies for both sides. He has always been a straight-shooter and a good witness. I have also heard that Dr. Kelly Goodness (M.D.)is reliable too. If you need numbers, call me 940-349-2600.

JAS
January 30, 2007, 12:51
GG
I would certainly recommend Floyd Jennings, psychologist and JD. He was a defense expert in a murder trial I tried, and a truthteller. Out of Houston. He posts here quite frequently. Very nice fellow and quite knowledgeable.

[This message was edited by GG on 01-30-07 at .]
January 30, 2007, 16:07
Scott Brumley
I'm not a murder prosecutor, and I don't even play one on TV. But I will second Greg's observation about Dr. Jennings. He is extraordinarily knowledgeable about mental health issues and their interplay with the criminal justice system.
January 30, 2007, 16:12
A.P. Merillat
And he uses big words that cause court reporters to sweat and wish they had gotten jobs at the carwash.
January 31, 2007, 08:07
Floyd L. Jennings
Ahh, and A.P. you are such a closet mellifluous fellow, with your persona of Texas tactiturnicity that fails to long conceal both considerable intellect and no little humor.

[This message was edited by Floyd L. Jennings on 01-31-07 at .]
January 31, 2007, 08:35
A.P. Merillat
Alright now, watch it Doc - I've never kept my mellifluous in the closet; I'm confident and secure in my fluosness, I think. In fact, I'm thinking about organizing a Mellifluous Pride Week, and if you're not busy memorizing the thesaurus, theasuraus, theas...uhh dictionary, maybe you'd like to be in the parade with me and the band. Of course, I haven't asked the band yet, but I don't think they'd be ashamed to participate. If they are, I'd file suit against them for melli-phobia.

As for tacturnicity, I was born that way and can't help it.

Exit only.
January 31, 2007, 08:54
Floyd L. Jennings
I have rarely read a better testimony to the power of eloquent (and elegant) speech.

Ipse dixit.