TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Synthetic LSD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Synthetic LSD Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone come up with a creative way to charge individuals that are dealing some of the new LSD synthetics?

Posts: 14 | Location: Montgomery County | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our lab is telling us that we can charge it as a POCS not in a PG. Health & Safety 481.119.

I have two pending right now in our courts, so I haven't seen it completely play out. But that's the way we've been handling it. The synthetics are scheduled in the Texas Register, but they have not yet been assigned a PG.

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
25I-NBOME, 25C-NBOME, 25B-NBOME are all currently scheduled but not in penalty groups. The Texas schduling of these new compounds and synthetic cannabinoids are updated here, https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/d...rol_subst_sched.shtm

Posts: 4 | Registered: October 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't you charge it under 481.106, controlled substance analogue?

Posts: 198 | Location: San Marcos, Tx | Registered: June 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the compounds in question are NBOME, they are not structurally similar to LSD. You'd have to go off of the effects.

Posts: 4 | Registered: October 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Jon English you should charge it as a 481.106 Controlled Substance analogue of LSD in Penalty Group 1-A.

It meets the requirements to the second prong that the effects are similar to or greater than a drug listed in PG 1-A.

If you need the names of some scientists who can testify to these effects contact me.

Brian Foley
brian.foley@mctx.org

Posts: 2 | Location: Montgomery County | Registered: March 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post