TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    NEW SPA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW SPA Login/Join 
posted
Congratulations to Jeff Van Horn on his appointment by the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals to serve as the State Prosecuting Attorney. For those of you unfamiliar with the position, the SPA files PDR's before the CCA and writes briefs on behalf of prosecutors.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Jeff is going to be an excellent SPA! He has been one of my main contacts there for years and has helped me so many times. You know, everyone working there is a brainiac of criminal law. And they have the patience to "re-explain" if you don't understand some complex issue the first time they start throwing answers and solutions at you.

They're problem solvers big time and it is unfortunate that the public at large is not aware of just how important their job is to the safety of Texans. They're kinda like the police officers in your town who work the midnight hours. You rarely see them and they're busier then heck on that shift but your life would be much less safe without them.

I know we will continue to get the same excellent assistance from their office, and Congrats to Jeff for being appointed SPA.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Jeff!

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is wonderful news that Jeff will be able to continue his great work as THE State Prosecuting Attorney. If memory serves, we have him to thank for both Duffy and Bauder getting overruled and he was certainly part of the vital team that kept on attacking those monsters. Not to impose any pressure, but the hat-trick will be Clewis!!!

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post