TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    preparing judgments
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

preparing judgments Login/Join 
posted
Our office is trying to get a feel for how many DA's offices are responsible for preparing the court judgments (as opposed to the Clerk's office). Any responses with your jurisdiction would be appreciated.

Posts: 7 | Registered: September 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may not be a good example because I’m a “traveling” prosecutor that goes to lots of different jurisdictions all over, but the general rule in all of my jurisdictions is that the prosecutor is responsible for the judgments. The only exceptions I can think of are a few jurisdictions where probation will do their own judgments if a defendant is put on probation, but apart from that we do our own everywhere we go, which is pretty much everywhere in the state.

Posts: 198 | Location: San Marcos, Tx | Registered: June 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More often than not, we prepare the Judgments.

Posts: 81 | Registered: December 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In our jurisdiction the court will prepare the judgment.

Posts: 29 | Location: Waco, TX | Registered: May 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We prepare the judgments in our office.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post