TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    HB 969 - Another "mutual" discovery bill
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HB 969 - Another "mutual" discovery bill Login/Join 
posted
Looks like another "mutual" discovery bill is on the move. Was voted out of the Criminal Justice Committee on 5-16-05

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like it's going to the Senate Floor. If you object to this bill, please make sure you contact your senators to let them know that this is not an agreed bill. At the hearing in the House there seemed to be some confusion on the part of the legislators that both the prosecution and the defense were supporting this bill.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bill passed. Now it goes to Keel to concur with the changes.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or not.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keel could concur or not. I was thinking that, but also fairly despondent that it's even gotten this far. I feel that that shaded my post.

posted Hide Post
The Legislature is a wild and wooly place. For those who show no fear, nearly anything is possible. Once you get over the nausea, it ain't so bad.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post