TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Matters of Importance
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matters of Importance Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Honestly John, I haven't read the term "flash cove" since I was 16 and reading regency romances!

Janette

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got to wonder where you picked up that term John?

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 245 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be from the Patrick O'Brian books set during the Napoleonic Wars. I've been a loss for books since he passed away. Although, The Kite Runner was so good that I read it through in one night last night.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was at A & M, there was a dispute about whether women needed to "uncover" in the Memorial Student Center. I was brought up to believe that a woman does not commit a breach of etiquette by failing to remove her hat indoors, and that a woman does not have to remove her hat for the flag or at other times when men should. I guess women's lib has changed that.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rhett Butler would be ashamed! Don't we have any respect for our heritage.

Or is this really a backhanded comment on Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's attire?

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post