TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Hospital closed!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hospital closed! Login/Join 
posted
Our local hospital closed the doors for good last week. Now, we know longer have an ER for our DWI blood draws. I'm scrambling to try to find an alternative. Our local jail has a full time nurse. Does anyone see a downside to getting that nurse to do the draw? We have local nurses that we could contract with to do it but we would need a "sanitary place." Any ideas would be appreciated.

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would think that if the nurse is an RN or LVN and would be available to testify about her/his training and experience in drawing blood, then the nurse should be ok. If Quality Care Plus does go 24 hours a day they might be another alternative.

Posts: 109 | Location: Llano, TX USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doing the draws at the jail is ideal. Speeds up the process. In WC, our sheriff trained medical personnel to be phlebotomists. They use the jail clinic as the sanitary place. Surely, you have a clean room that is used for medical stuff.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do have a clean room. And don't call me Shirley.

Posts: 64 | Location: Brazos County, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked a bad day to give up speed, but that is a nice beaver.

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The jail?! What is it?"

"It's a big building with a lot of prisoners in it, but that's not important right now..."

Posts: 115 | Location: Denton, TX, USA | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand your problem has been solved with the Hospital District becoming the owner of the hospital corporation, an undisclosed person or entity becoming the owner of the hospital building, and a private corporation becoming the manager of the hospital, with the facilities to reopen this week.

Posts: 109 | Location: Llano, TX USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post