TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Using BOTH Closed circuit and offering recorded statement of child in sexual abuse case
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Using BOTH Closed circuit and offering recorded statement of child in sexual abuse case Login/Join 
posted
I�m thinking (after a hearing to establish that the child is unable to testify in the presence of the defendant) of offering both the recording of the child�s statement (under 38.071 Section 5) as well as question the child via closed circuit (under 38.071 section 3). Although I haven�t seen this done before, I see nothing in the section that limits me to one or the other. Section 13 seems to require a choice between 2 and 5, but says nothing about not allowing 5 in conjunction with 3. Has anyone ever done this before? If so, could I contact you to discuss your experience? Thanks for your help in advance.

Posts: 61 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post