TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Local Health Authority?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local Health Authority? Login/Join 
posted
I have a situation where I would like to use Health & Safety Code 341.012 to handle a nuisance. I am not sure what constitutes the "local health authority" for purposes of giving the required notices. The location is within city limits of a general-law city and there is no city health authority. Is the local health authority the mayor, the city council, the sheriff, or someone else?

Thanks

Posts: 16 | Location: Martin County, Texas | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like there are about 14 references in the Texas statutes to "local health authority" but no definition. But see Code of Crim Pro 18.22--it draws a distinction between local health authority and peace officer. Then again, if there's no one else around perhaps the peace officer and health authority can be the same.

Posts: 36 | Location: Corpus Christi, TX 78401 | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a Texas Department of State Health Services link that might help you find who is your local health authority or who acts in their stead if you don't have one.

http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/rls/lha/default.shtm

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post