TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    No future danger here.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No future danger here. Login/Join 
posted
Another convicted murderer, serving time in the escape-proof, violence-proof Texas prison system has escaped. Most importantly, his middle name is WAYNE.
Marlow Wayne Reynolds, serving 40 years for murder - climbed the fence, dodged the bullets and evacuated in advance of the storm.
Exit only (and he did).

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But A.P., how can that be? The defense experts always say Texas Prisons, particularly max security, are escape proof and violence proof.

That article must be wrong.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the Titanic was unsinkable.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least he not a DEwayne. Those are the really dangerous ones.

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stringfellow is not a max security type unit. It is a unit 100 years old in need of being torn down and rebuilt. The only 'max' security part of it is their small Ad Seg section. But the rest is G1 - G4 inmates. Lastly, you've got to consider the fact that the vast majority of prison guards are piss-poor shots. Many are females who have never fired a weapon before in their lives. And they do not get much in the way of firearms training, except, perhaps, use of force rules. But range time is lacking.

Posts: 79 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R_Smith:
Lastly, you've got to consider the fact that the vast majority of prison guards are piss-poor shots. ... And they do not get much in the way of firearms training, except, perhaps, use of force rules. But range time is lacking.

Sadly, you are 100% correct.

Most people have no idea how poorly TDCJ trains most of its guards. Many of them probably don't know how to load or unload the weapons they are issued for their shifts, let alone have any knowledge on how to properly use those weapons.

Posts: 16 | Location: Montgomery County, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stringfellow is not a max security type unit. It is a unit 100 years old in need of being torn down and rebuilt. The only 'max' security part of it is their small Ad Seg section. But the rest is G1 - G4 inmates. Lastly, you've got to consider the fact that the vast majority of prison guards are piss-poor shots. Many are females who have never fired a weapon before in their lives. And they do not get much in the way of firearms training, except, perhaps, use of force rules. But range time is lacking.

Wow! You sure know alot about prisons, R. Smith. The only non-CJ person that knows as much as you has got to be Henson over at Grits. Or Hoover.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Many are females who have never fired a weapon before in their lives.

As much as I hate to rise to the bait, I have to point out that some of the deadliest shots I've ever known have been women, and I've known plenty of men who've never fired a weapon before in their lives.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I taught my wife how to shoot. It was a short lesson. Now, I am very well behaved.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post