TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    CJIS Training
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CJIS Training Login/Join 
posted
I've worked in several da's offices. One of my bosses who I highly respected said it was mandatory to go to cjis training and get fingerprinted if you even have access to the criminal histories. Other offices said only if you want to run a report do you need to train and get fingerprinted. Anyone else think ADA's who just handle criminal histories need to go to CJIS training?

Posts: 131 | Location: Hondo, Texas | Registered: November 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at the information a few months ago and i think i (elected County Attorney) have to at least take the class....Not sure i have to be printed......Taking the training online in the next few weeks

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was always told that there are two levels to training. One to see the CCH/RAP and one to run the history yourself. Not sure the requirements for each.

Posts: 73 | Location: Richmond, TX | Registered: January 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
For a list of DPS field reps who can answer CJIS questions, visit http://www.tdcaa.com/content/cjis-information. The page also contains information about various web-based CJIS resources offered by DPS.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you

Posts: 131 | Location: Hondo, Texas | Registered: November 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post