TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Am I stuck with Criminal Mischief?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I stuck with Criminal Mischief? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
In the old country, not the Fatherland or the Motherland, but the uncle-land as we never call it, you can go to Skipper's in Darien, Ga and get a bowl of cheese grits. Some folks in the uncle-land actually like grits at other times than for breakfast. Now, cheese grits might sound odd to Yankees, surfers and certain hairdressers, but they really aren't bad. At Skipper's you can get a bowl to go along with some of the freshest shrimp in south Georgia -- from the boat to the deep fryer, the only middleman is Jethro the cook. And he doesn't get much in the way, so actually there is no middleman.

But the point of this brief excursion into the land of grits and Jethro, is that I wonder if the grits blogger appreciates the fact that we provide free stuff for that blog. Does the grits for breakfast fan base realize that if we weren't willing to put our laundry out on the line in the front yard, there wouldn't be much to talk about? The grits guy would have to create and be original and try to appear journalistic in the raw, so to speak. So, I would like to propose that the lead guitarist and head vocalizer with A.P. & the Lesser Includeds start his own blog. He is the Faulkner of the forum, and I would be honored if he stole my slobberings and took credit for them.
And I'll bet that the drummer extrordinaire (French for real good) wouldn't mind the theft of his intellectual property either. Maybe he could call his site, "Peanut butter and bacon for Breakfast" which is not a bad meal, either.

Exit only (Merillat-ese for not only am I not normal, but I'm also odd to a fault)

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
population 47, SAA-LUTTE!

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's another example, this time from Gretchen, who is an asstant DA

How'd he know!? How cheeky of him! Wink

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gretchen:
quote:
Here's another example, this time from Gretchen, who is an _asstant DA _

How'd he know!? How cheeky of him! Wink

Why is this blogger sexually harrassing our friend Gretchen? Can he be reported to the National bloggers and Banjo-ist Association for this blatant sexual reference to a portion of the female anatomy? Is there no shame in this day and age, ladies and gentlemen?

Sounds like a job for Cortez. Big Grin

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought Grit's search issue was interesting so I looked up some cases on the use of a ruse to make a warrantless search. Some creative cops out there:

United States v. Baldwin, 621 F.2d 251, 252-253 (6th Cir.1980) (“[A]n [undercover] agent may legitimately gain entrance into a house by misrepresenting his identity.");

People v. LaGuerre, 29 A.D.3d 820, 815 N.Y.S.2d 211, 214 (N.Y.App.Div.2006) (no due process violation when defendant voluntarily discarded chewing gum from which DNA sample was taken in the course of a police contrived "Pepsi Taste"), leave to appeal denied, 855 N.E.2d 805 (N.Y. 2006);

State v. Nedergard, 51 Wash.App. 304, 753 P.2d 526 (1988) (entry into home by undercover agents posing as interested buyers responding to "For Sale"; sign was permissible means of establishing probable cause for a search warrant);

U.S. v. Scherer, 673 F.2d 176, 181-82 (7th Cir.1982)(agent posing as cousin of an informant invited on property to build duck blinds).

Posts: 527 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas, | Registered: May 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a kid who set fire to a bush in the front lawn of a vacant house. A witness see the kid running from the area, sees smoke and finds a bush on fire and a BBQ lighter at the scene.

The house was not damaged and I don't have a lot of proof that he intended to set anything other than the bush on fire.

The bush is obviously vegetation, but is a front yard really "open space land." Doesn't sound like it.

Can I charge him with Arson?

Posts: 26 | Location: Seguin, Texas | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't charge him with arson if you do not have any proof that he wanted to do anything other than burn a bush. We all have too many serious cases to deal with without asking for more.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're not going to. The defendant has a long list of issues (starting fires being one of them), but I found out today the witnesses are gone. We have him on another charge and can address those issues through it.

Posts: 26 | Location: Seguin, Texas | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last week we had someone steal our trailer with our indoor carpet inside and everything the club owns. we purchased it from calandra two years ago. the question i am asking is does anyone know who is of this type of Carpet Manufacturer? i have a few friends that are in the carpet business, and was wondering if i could get the carpet cheaper and try to save our club some hard earn cash. i know crc has it and at a last resort i will buy from them, but if anyone could help me we as a club would appreciate it.

sanjay

Posts: 1 | Location: india,delhi | Registered: September 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post