TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Teacher provided explicit photos to student
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Teacher provided explicit photos to student Login/Join 
posted
Teacher sent explicit photos to a student. This does not fall under under Improper Relationship between Educator and Student because that only applies to sexual contact or intercourse.

I found PC43.24 providing harmful material to minor but it is only a class A.

Am I missing a statute, or is this the best there is for this situation? If so, we need to fix this with the legislature, a teacher providing to a student should be more than a misdemeanor in my opinion.

Posts: 38 | Location: Crockett,Texas | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Review PC 33.021 (Online Solicitation of a Minor) to see if it fits. It's a felony, and it covers the texting of sexually explicit images to minors (but only if they are under 17yoa). However, there is an intent element that may require additional evidence.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a similar situation a few years ago, when the misdemeanor punishment did not seem harsh enough, part of the plea agreement was permanent surrender of the teaching license.

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post