TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    DWI Statutory warnings in spanish
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DWI Statutory warnings in spanish Login/Join 
posted
Local PD making more and more DWI arrests of spanish speaking drivers. Unfortunately, not always a spanish speaking officer on duty. They want to do a video of one of their spanish speaking officers reading the statutory warnings while the "live" officer gives the defendant a copy to read. Any issue with this that I am not seeing other than the obvious need to hire more bilingual officers ?

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they use LEADRS, it has the DIC-24 pre-recorded in Spanish. The last time I used it, I left my body microphone on and recorded it being read and the drivers response.

Posts: 95 | Location: Marble Falls, TX USA | Registered: October 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great ! I don't think that department does but I know our local DPS units do.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post