TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    The X factor-Galveston Medical Road Rage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The X factor-Galveston Medical Road Rage Login/Join 
posted
DICKINSON � When the sport-utility vehicle pulled alongside the bicyclist, the driver started shooting, witnesses told police in Dickinson, a coastal city near Houston. The driver, they said, appeared to be wearing surgical scrubs.

On Thursday, the victim � who was shot in the chest and left shoulder � was recovering at the University of Texas Medical Branch hospital, where the man who is accused of shooting him works.

Dr. Wameeth Fadhli, a doctor at the Galveston hospital, remained in jail Thursday after being accused of firing numerous shots Tuesday at the 22-year-old man.

The 33-year-old doctor has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. If convicted, he faces a prison term of two to 20 years and a fine of up to $10,000.

Officials have declined to release the victim's name. He had surgery and was listed in guarded condition Wednesday night.

Investigators found a vehicle matching witness descriptions in front of a home where they found Fadhli and took him into custody. Police had not found the gun by Thursday.

Fadhli will not perform any clinical work while the shooting is under investigation, hospital spokeswoman Jennifer Reynolds-Sanchez said.

Officials said they had no evidence that the two men knew each other.

"At this point, this looks like it could have been just a random shooting, and that makes it a pretty scary crime," Assistant District Attorney Xochitl Vandiver said.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does one pronounce the Vandiver first name?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the bag of my favorite tortilla chips (that have the same name) it explains it is pronounced "So - Cheel"

(Finally a post I feel qualified to respond to!)

Posts: 70 | Location: Sinton, Texas, USA | Registered: January 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JB,

The other JB (John Brown) told me it was pronounced "Oh-Chil".

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's how I pronounce it, the real pronounciation is close but I can't really spell it phonetically. It's my mom and cousin's name as well. Here's a typical phone conversation:

Me: "Can you tell him/her Xochitl called?"
Them: "Who?"
Me: "Xochitl"
Them: "Um, how do you spell that?"
(Knowing this is not going ot help at all)
Me: "X-O-C-H-I-T-L"
Them: "What? How do you get Xochitl from that?"
Me: "Just spell it so-chee"
Them: "What kind of name is that? Russian/Chinese/Greek, etc.?"
Me: "Aztec. It means flower. My mom named me. No, they weren't hippies, it's her name too."

I swear, it's the same very time!

Posts: 51 | Location: Galveston, Texas USA | Registered: September 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For more on that name, click here.

To order some chips, click here.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the new tattoo idea! ;-)

Posts: 51 | Location: Galveston, Texas USA | Registered: September 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a marvelous name.

On a much lower level of pronounciation confusion, people in England are always asking how come Arkansas is said Arkansaw? (that they should ask with some of their odd pronounciations!) Our llamas are registered under the name Lluddano (combining the Welsh god Llud with the Irish god Anu to reflect our family heritage). The easy way to say the word is LUD-ANU but really it should be more like CLUTH-ANU. Aren't names fun.

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post