TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Hemp/Marijuana/THC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hemp/Marijuana/THC Login/Join 
posted
I'm curious, how are different jurisdictions handling marijuana/THC cases these days? Dumping them? Filing them?

If you're going forward on them, what's your theory for doing so? Have you had a successful trial?

Posts: 35 | Location: Nueces County | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are continuing with them. I have not had any jury trials since the change, but always successful plea deals. I've gotten zero pushback since the change.
My first recommendation is to have your officer ask the suspect on the roadside (before the arrest) whether the substance is hemp or weed. I advised my officers to use that admission and charge accordingly (if they say hemp, write the $1,000 Class C transport without permit). Say thank you and move on.
I am also fortunate that I've never had a defendant refuse to answer. So i am sorry I'm of no help on the end of "what do we do with testing and continuing with the charge".

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 09, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post