TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Sex Offender Registration Requirement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sex Offender Registration Requirement Login/Join 
posted
Got a defendant who is required to register for 10 years. Projected registration end date is 2024. Will that registration be effected if he pleads to Failure to Register? I want to make sure he is properly admonished if so. I don't want the case coming back if he's not properly warned about the period of registration being extended past 2024 or made a lifetime registration.

Posts: 63 | Location: Henderson, Texas, United States | Registered: December 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does not appear that a conviction under art. 62.102 CCP is a "reportable conviction" under art. 62.001(5). Hence, the new conviction in your case will not generate any new requirement to register under art. 62.051(a) and thus the original expiration date under art. 62.101 will remain in place. No guarantee this is accurate. I may have missed something, but hard to see anything different.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post