TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Continuous Sex Abuse Appeal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Continuous Sex Abuse Appeal Login/Join 
posted
So, does anyone have an appeal pending on one of these cases? Where at in the process is it? Did the defendant challenge the constitutionality of the statute?

Posts: 88 | Location: Rusk, Texas | Registered: January 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might watch for the opinion in Render, No. 05-09-00528-CR. The case was submitted on Jan. 5. My guess there are other earlier appeals involving the issue though.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I only ask because I just had oral argument in Williams 06-09-00028-cr January 13, and one of the judges seemed particularly concerned with the constitutionality of the law.

Posts: 88 | Location: Rusk, Texas | Registered: January 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what is the specific concern of the court?

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was affirmed on appeal. He did not challenge the constitutionality of the statute, though. It was sort of a glorified Anders brief.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post