TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Magic brownies (what's the charge?)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magic brownies (what's the charge?) Login/Join 
posted
Two potheads baked some marijuana into a pan of brownies. These geniuses then take the brownies to a public pool and distribute the brownies to unsuspecting female victims. One woman went to the hospital the other reported symptoms of lethargy, and hunger. One woman gave a brownie to her infant son (8 mos old).

What's the charge? Misdemeanor assault?...delivery of marijuana?

Posts: 64 | Location: Johnson County, Texas | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Assault, or adulterating a consumer product?

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
"Delivery of Controlled Substance or Marihuana to Child" is a 2nd-degree felony. Check it out, it looks like it fits your situation.

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Endangering a child?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the smoke clears, tell the moms to bathe, look both ways when crossing the street, wear clean underwear in case of a car wreck and NOT to take or ingest food items from strangers. And, don't give brownies, turkey sandwiches, pickled okra or catfish filets to your babies when they've come from jerks you don't know at swimming pools.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why were they targeting female pool-goers? Smacks of an attempted sexual assault to me. Is there a difference between giving mj-laced brownies to a woman you want to have sex with and slipping something into her drink?

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wes:
Is there a difference between giving mj-laced brownies to a woman you want to have sex with and slipping something into her drink?

Only when the woman gives the brownie to her infant child. BTW, I find it disappointing that a mom would give an 8 month old child a brownie to eat, I suppose it is possible for that child to eat a brownie but really now, shouldn't that baby be eating whipped peas and the like from Gerber baby food jars?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't there a case just like this last year where a couple of seniors took some magic brownies to the school office and some teachers ate them ?

And ditto as to GG thought that brownies to an 8 month old is a little bizarre ! Don't put any mothers on your jury if you decide to go the endangering route !

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Students charged over pot brownie prank
18 Texas school workers hospitalized due to marijuana-laced treats
AP Updated: 3:38 p.m. CT May 27, 2006

DALLAS - Two students have been charged with giving a high school�s employees marijuana-spiked muffins in a senior prank that sent 18 people to the hospital and triggered an FBI and terrorism investigation.
�I had no idea of the scope of my actions,� Ian Walker, 18, said Friday, a day after he and friend Joseph Tellini surrendered to police. They could receive 10 years in prison or more if convicted of felony charges.
Walker is accused of delivering adulterated bran muffins to the teachers lounge of Tellini�s suburban school May 16 and claiming they were part of an Eagle Scout project. When Lake Highlands High School employees ate the muffins, they began complaining of nausea, lightheadedness and headaches.
Most of those sickened were quickly treated and released, but Rita Greenfield, an 86-year-old receptionist, spent two days in the hospital.

�They were just thinking it would be fun to get these teachers all silly and giggly,� Greenfield said. �I do not think of this as a prank at all. It has caused heartaches and hard feelings.�
Terrorism task force called in
The FBI investigated because the case involved a contamination of the food supply at a school. A joint terrorism task force found that terrorism was not involved, but determined the muffins contained marijuana and turned up a surveillance video of the delivery.
Walker, an honors student at a nearby Catholic school, and Tellini, 18, were each charged with five felony counts of assault on a public servant, each of which carries penalties of two to 10 years in prison. Because of the presence of illegal drugs, Dallas County prosecutors are seeking an upgrade to the charges that could raise the maximum sentence to 20 years, district attorney spokeswoman Rachel Raya said.
The teens were released on $7,500 bail each. Calls to Tellini�s home and attorney were not immediately returned Friday.
Walker and his family spoke Friday in an apology-filled news conference at his lawyer�s house.
�It was juvenile and stupid, and believe it or not, I thought I was only participating in a senior prank,� Walker said. He won�t be allowed to graduate with his class at Bishop Lynch High School because of the incident, his family said.
Ian Walker�s mother, Caroline, said she first heard about the tainted muffins while watching the news with her son.
�My first thought when I saw it, because I am a mom, was, �My heart goes out to the mother of that stupid kid,�� she said.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an unhappy Church's chicken employee who was angered by the customer's complaint that they did not get the proper amount of biscuits. SO......they allegedly urinated on the extra biscuits (no tests have been done yet, but the daughter ate a biscuit and was ill and it is the customer's belief that it was urinated on).

Is this assault? The daughter was taken to the hospital, so we can show bodily injury....but I thought the tampering with a consumer product was interesting from above--where is that offense?

Posts: 526 | Location: Del Rio, Texas | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PC 22.09

Posts: 143 | Location: Fort Worth | Registered: August 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!!

Posts: 526 | Location: Del Rio, Texas | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post