TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Can you drug your wife?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can you drug your wife? Login/Join 
posted
Pop Quiz: Husband causes disturbance at wife's place of employment. Police arrive and talk to husband. Husband blurts out that he has converted over-the-counter sleeping pills into a liquid form and whenever he gets into an argument with his wife, he places the solution of sleeping pills into his wife drink/food. She falls asleep and he won't have to argue with her. Wife finds out from the police and agrees she falls asleep alot after arguments begin!

What's the crime?

[This message was edited by SAProsecutor on 07-18-08 at .]

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Assault, tampering with a consumer product.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...I don't know of the offense, but you've got to admit, that's creative!

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shhh--don't give my husband any ideas!

Posts: 102 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since attempting suicide and being criminally stupid (in advertising his mischief) are not offenses, the only hip-shot thought I have is tampering with a consumer product (22.09) if the food/drink would qualify as the requisite "consumer product" and the sleep medication would be likely to cause SBI. Probably not. Well, now that I think of it, with the cat out of the bag the clandestine service of the sleep medication may cause hubby's SBI.

I will request, on behalf of husbands statewide, that you avoid any litigation strategy resulting in a published opinion. My wife regularly goes to bed around 9:00 to 9:30 and could, with the appropriate coverage, begin to wonder why that is.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have pondered the question and Tampering with a Consumer Product doesn't seem to fit given she always wakes up with a wonderful nights sleep and prepared for a productive day! No SBI, no BI, just a case of counting sheep.

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Defense of necessity?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe now they can talk out their issues when she's more rested and calmer after a full night's sleep. Sweet Dreams Are Made of These.

Posts: 74 | Location: Hempstead, TX USA | Registered: February 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obviously, if the wife is still with the guy - even after knowing this, why should anyone else care?

Posts: 79 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LAS:
Maybe now they can talk out their issues when she's more rested and calmer after a full night's sleep. Sweet Dreams Are Made of These.

All's well that ends well.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post