TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Don't you Hate Warm Beer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't you Hate Warm Beer Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Or in the other old country, like south Georgia or in greater Dothan, Alabama, the metroplex as they say, you could go to the cooler and reach into the back where the clerks have hidden the coldest ones.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the old fashioned way somehow involved a bottle of sherry and...well...never mind. Wink

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way to go, Greg. Now for all the new folks that have never been exposed to that horrendous thread that wouldn't die, you're going to have to be prepared to resurrect the tales of the Shagnasty twins, Boliver and the meetings at the Western Auto. Let it die, man.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg,

Picture that process with a yard of beer!! Sorry A.P.

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, the Old Country. For me, that was just outside Wolfforth, a quarter of a mile from a playa lake bottom inhabited primarily by cotton rats, skunks, coyotes and a couple of fairly good sized rattlesnakes. And a farm hand with more fingers than teeth. In the Old Country, a "yard" of beer was about eight Milwaukee's Beast cans lined up end-to-end. And, like John mentions, they occasionally were warm -- a condition we referred to as "rodeo cold." Proper temperature could only be assured by the cans having rolled around under and behind the seat of a '68 Ford truck until the label had worn off. As you may surmise, I come from the creme de la creme of trailer trash. Good times.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scott, your Whitman-esque flourishes of the written word betray your romantic, sentimental side. Thinking about those labels rubbing off on the deck of the old truck, bring back memories of Momma and prison and rain and ... got to ... to ... stop now.

posted Hide Post
Somewhere eminating from Brumley's prose I hear the faint call of the name Cortez...private investigator.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cortez Templeton, no doubt, would remind us of Buffett wisdom in this regard:

"Warm beer and bread, it's said, can raise the dead; but it reminds me of the menu at a Holiday Inn."

That poignantly reminds me of the greeting we used to use in the Old Country. "Aaaahhh-chooooo! Sorry. Hey, there's somethin' on your boot."

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the old days, me and my cohorts didn't necessarily LIKE it, but we sure drank it, Rodeo Cold. Put the 6/12/18/24 pack in a Feed sack (actually, I think this was before 18 packs, but I digress), normally found in great abundance in the back of any local pick-up truck, throw in a coupl of cups of ice (if you had your own cup, alot of the local stores would give it to you for free), drive for 5 minutes, then start. In the winter, it was a little more refreshing than an East Texas July night, but regardless, it was what it was. Rodeo Cold.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Until this thread, I had forgotten the "warm beer" aspects of the days of my youth sailing in East Galveston bay, frequently taking several day sails on a Catalina that a friend's family owned. Ice melts fast on the gulf coast, and we were warm beering it by day two everytime. Good times.

And yes, JS, a yard of warm beer or ale in an alternative alcohol introduction maneuver (AAIM)is a frightning thought.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GG:
What the heck is a Stag beer? Is that really a brand? Am I really so sheltered in my middle age that I don't know a crappy brand of beer?

I mean, I could see getting upset over an Olde English 800 or something...

Stag beer is about the nastiest beer around and, at least when I was growing up, the cheapest beer.

OTOH, my college roommate was from Belleville Illinois, where they brew this stuff, and he swore by it.

Posts: 28 | Registered: August 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cold grits are worse than warm stag beer.

posted Hide Post
Had one over Christmas at my father-in-law's house. It really wasn't as bad as I remembered.

Posts: 14 | Location: Montgomery County | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the Old Country, visiting the in-laws made any beer -- cheap, poorly-brewed or otherwise -- taste pretty much acceptable. Which made the Old Country remarkably similar to college.