TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    shock probation by a different name
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

shock probation by a different name Login/Join 
posted
I have two young defendants that I want to give deferreds but I want them to do 75 days in a state jail (not the county)first. To do that, would I have to sentence them to state jail, file a motion for new trial and have it heard and granted in 75 days and then sentence them to deferred?

Does someone have a different/better way? The victim's families are adamant that they get the state jail time and I agree, but I do no not want final convictins under the facts of the case.

Posts: 130 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at page 90 of The Perfect Plea, which sets out authority for giving a state jail defendant time in a state jail as a condition of community supervision.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post