TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Governor says please bring your gun to work
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Governor says please bring your gun to work Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It was a type JMH. It should've read, I don't want guns in the courthouse by citizens.

I do, however, favor guns in other places with citizens.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I testified in a divorce proceeding once. The wife's attorney had me under subpoena since I had arrested the husband for family violence. This was about 15 years ago in Fort Worth. When I entered the courtroom to check in, the bailiff immediately approached me and said the judge would not allow me to have my weapon in her courtroom. I told him I would wait out in the hall then. I remember thinking, I'm not sitting in this courtroom in full uniform with a empty holster.

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
"Because people get drunk there and their aim is not as good."

- Texas Land Commissioner (and avid gun enthusiast) Jerry Patterson, stating why he doesn't think CHL holders should be able to take their guns into bars.

Thank God SOMEBODY in state government still has a sense of humor! Big Grin

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Seems some of our friends from across the pond are puzzled by the following "paradox" (which I put in NY Times-like scare quotes to symbolize the fact that I do not believe it to be any paradox at all):

"Despite the fact there are more than 200 million guns in circulation, there is a certain tranquility and civility about American life ..."

Excerpt:

"It is a paradox. Along with the guns there is a tranquillity and civility about American life of which most British people can only dream.

"What surprises the British tourists is that, in areas of the US that look and feel like suburban Britain, there is simply less crime and much less violent crime."

Also interesting is the sole reason he puts forth for the disparity in violence ... click on the link above to read it all ...

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are the same people who say we have too many people in prison, compared to European countries, like, say, England.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a globe trotter, but my wife is. Over the past three decades in the oil business, she worked for a variety of companies, including english ones, and made alot of friends.

Invariably, when the English friends come to visit, we go shoot pistols at the range, at their request. For many years when I lived in Houston, it was an inescapeable part of my husbandly duties to take the wife's boss and co-workers out shooting when they were in town, which was often.

My English friends bemoan English gun control laws, and speak of the criminal unrest of modern youth in their country and how they wish they could carry a handgun for protection in many parts of the country. These are folks who worked their way up to where they are in life, not folks to the manor born.

I have heard the same observations from them that Shannon echoes. Not everyone hates American justice.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Police reported Tuesday morning that Grant, 73, entered the store through the exit despite manager Marino Hernandez's warning not to enter that way.

Calling AP, calling AP...

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike bartley:
Hi Bob. How are you? HB 2110 from last leg. session, supported by state rep from Tyler and Smith County CDA Matt Bingham, gave CDA's, DA's and CA's the right to defend themselves as they see fit. I support anyone who takes advantage of this right, and I understand those who may not choose to do so.

I can find no provision that exempts prosecutors from �30.06

Posts: 62 | Location: Dumas, Texas | Registered: November 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
Someone pointed that out earlier, but it may have been a different thread.

Clearly that was an oversight that we should correct during the next legislative session.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the sign says "Exit Only" then why in the world would someone try to enter through that doorway? If a person would ignore that posted commandment, then they'd do anything. Today, enter thru the exit; tomorrow - overcharge on the County per diem policy. The wickedness will never end, only degenerate, leaving behind a trail of despair and destruction, broken hearts and hungry, hurting people.

Of course, like the rest of the working people of the Heartland, I'm only clinging to my frustration and bitterness out of frustration and bitterness.

Exit only, this means you, Mr. Grant.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post