TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Jury debates over Scott Peterson�s fate�
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jury debates over Scott Peterson�s fate� Login/Join 
posted
So the trial for the �husband from hell� is just about over. With the closing arguments complete, now we all have to wait for the jury to deliberate.

How does everyone feel about this case? Do you think he�ll walk or get what he deserves? Also � I�ve been told that the judge is only going to give a 2-hour notice once the jury has reached its verdict. We do have a cable TV in the lounge area here at work, so I�ve been setting it to Court TV to try and keep up-to-date. I even noticed on their website that you can get the verdict sent to your cell phone, which is pretty crazy (though I�m the only one of my friends without one yet!)

Personally, there�s nothing I�d rather see than a death sentence for this disgusting human, though life in prison wouldn�t be a bad 2nd option either.

Kimberly

Posts: 2 | Location: New York | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, I hope his attorney knows what he is doing. Seeing that he gets paid more than I do, he must know something. However, this is a highly emotional, sensational case. There must be a restless tension in the jury room, because, like it or not, the guy didn't get up and say "I didn't do it". For better or worse, if I were the lawyer, I'd put him up there. The prosecutor would call him a viscious liar in closing, but the jury would have heard his voice. He's going to be convicted.

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Personally, there's nothing I'd rather see than a death sentence for this disgusting human, though life in prison wouldn't be a bad 2nd option either.

It's good you feel that way, since California carries out about one death sentence per decade.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe Peterson is guilty as well, however, I have no confidence in the California criminal justice system. I say they will hang up or let him go. Frown

Posts: 15 | Location: lubbock, tx, usa | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one of those cases that can personally involve even the most hardened prosecutor or cop. I myself felt so much sadness for Lacy and her unborn child, apparently a steller person just looking forward to having her baby, apparently oblivious to what was going on with her husband.

Let's hope and pray the jury has the courage and the strength to do the right thing...he needs to be sitting on the row!

It always astounds me, where we try our murder cases in several days or weeks, and in Cali it seems like a simple case takes half a year.

Posts: 28 | Location: Richmond, Texas | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come on, we're at day three. Obviously the whale watching must be spectacular from the juror's windows.

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too pray for a conviction. Why does it take so long to try cases in California???? Did the DA use jury consultants? Why would the prosecutor leave a Doctor/lawyer on the Jury? I'd be very concerned with him as the foreman.Some of you have followed this case closly so maybe you can make me understand.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With a "Former Lawyer" on the jury,
anyone want to guess who the foreperson will be??? Roll Eyes

Posts: 16 | Location: Brazos County Texas | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a jury consultant. I've forgotten her name now but she appeared on Larry King Live last night. Long blonde hair, soft-spoken but adamently pro-defense. Considered the top of the field in this country. Somebody help me with the name. Of course, her take on jury selection in this case was that Garagos blew away the prosecution and got the jury she wanted. Also saw an interesting piece on another news show earlier in the week -- maybe 48 Hours -- where they actually seated a mock jury with, you guessed it, a former lawyer as the foreperson. Result: hung jury.

Posts: 283 | Location: Montague, Texas, USA | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am with Bill Sowder. I have no confidence in the California criminal justice system. I think at best it will be a hung jury. At the NDAA conference this summer I visited with the elected DA from Modesto. He thought they would get a conviction, but he also said that the county where this is being tried (on a change of venue)is extremely liberal. Not only do they have a doctor/lawyer on the jury but also a member of the ACLU(or one of those type organizations). When he questioned the trial attorneys about why they left such on the jury he was told that these were the best of the lot. It doesn't sound good for the good guys.

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post