TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    New NonDisclosure Admonishments
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New NonDisclosure Admonishments Login/Join 
posted
Are there any form admonishments available to reflect the HB 1106 amendments for deferred adjudications?

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If this is the one about non-disclosures, I'm probably just going to add a conditional line in the plea papers.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I've seen at least two different versions from different jurisdictions, but I'm not in a position to recommend anything. Try contacting the Office of Court Administration; they don't have any model forms online yet, but if anyone comes up with something, they'll have it.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have time to figure this out, because there is no way that a failure to inform about this could bust the plea, right?

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Correct. But it's not like it's rocket science.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We added the following line to our admonishment paperwork:

"You may have the right to petition the Court for an order of non-disclosure unless you are ineligible due to the nature of this offense or your criminal history."

Would welcome any feedback on whether this complies with the statute...

Posts: 52 | Location: meridian, texas | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have drafted the following to try and cover all the bases.

The defendant may be entitled to petition the court for an order of nondisclosure under § 411.081, Government Code, upon completion of probation, provided that the offense is eligible for such a nondisclosure, and the defendants criminal history is not a bar to the granting of the nondisclosure. For certain offenses there is a minimum waiting period after completion of probation that being two years for certain misdemeanors, and five years for certain felonies. A subsequent adjudication for this offense, or a conviction or deferred adjudication for another offense will result in the inability to have a petition of nondisclosure granted

[This message was edited by K.C. on 09-06-11 at .]

Posts: 13 | Location: Groesbeck, Texas | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couldn't the bailiff just stamp that language on the back of their hand?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Troy W's looks pretty good to me. Mind if I steal it?

posted Hide Post
How long before the first post-conviction writ, alleging that the defendant only pleaded guilty because he was promised an order of nondisclosure?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My adapted version (From Troy W's): If the Court defers an adjudication of guilt and places you on community supervision, you may have the right to petition the Court for an order of non-disclosure after successfully completing community supervision, unless you are ineligible due to the nature of this offense or your criminal history.

I did not go into greater detail because those details can change, especially things like section numbers and the list of ineligible offenses.

posted Hide Post
John,

I think I like yours a bit better. Mind if I steal it? Smile

Posts: 52 | Location: meridian, texas | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post