TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Danger Signs on the Bumper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Danger Signs on the Bumper Login/Join 
posted
Looking to Avoid Aggressive Drivers? Check Those Bumpers.

Shankar Vedantam
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, June 16, 2008; Page A02
Three horrors await Americans who get behind the wheel of a car for a family road trip this summer: the spiraling price of gas, the usual choruses of "are-we-there-yet?" -- and the road rage of fellow drivers.

Divine intervention might be needed for the first two problems, but science has discovered a solution for the third.

Watch out for cars with bumper stickers.

Rest of the story.

[Asking a jury panel about any bumper stickers on their car has long been a good voir dire strategy. Who knew it could also save your life? Anyone seen any bumper stickers lately that would provide such warnings? Anyone willing to identify the bumper stickers on their car?]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would bet that 95% of us have a TDCAA decal on our car. What does that say about us?

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mostly that we are hoping to avoid a speeding ticket.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or so we didn't get our car towed if double parked at the old TDCAA building.

The Lizard Man is innocent!

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was driving behind a homemade "bumper sticker," it was in fact pink poster board, telling all that the driver was low on estrogen and carrying a gun. To add more humor, the vehicle was a late model pick up with a makeshift camper, driven by a white haired male.

Posts: 4 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States | Registered: October 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
The article stated essentailly that because people more or less customize the via bumper stickers or vanity plates they mark the vehicle as territory thus causing the aggression. Is the same true then for modified cars that have lifts or that are made lowriders. or with spinners, or cool-looking custom paint jobs?

My old beater has one bumper sticker (William Hughey for District Judge), and two window stickers (4-H and Air Force Reserve). My bride has a 4-H Shooting Sports window sticker. We must be radicals.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if they think a bumper sticker is a sign of an agressive driver, they should check out my extra-sized bumper/grill guard!

Posts: 130 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not much traffic to road rage with here in deep east Texas but I do have a sticker that says...

Kids that hunt and fish
Don't steal or deal.

Oh and my TDCAA sticker.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post