TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Corroboration, Cowobboration
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corroboration, Cowobboration Login/Join 
posted
Why can't -- I won't say EVERYONE -- but why can't at least 50% of the population say the word "corroboration"?

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bwame on an ovew exposuwe to Ewmer Fudd and Bawbaw Wawtews. Cool

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Supposably, it has to do with flouridation.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe they should all be placed on deferred ajudification. ;-)

Posts: 77 | Location: Nacogdoches County, Texas | Registered: April 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is it with this forum - you ax a simple question....

Posts: 53 | Location: Fort Stockton, Texas USA | Registered: April 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mizrus Starnes what have you started?

Posts: 2385 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I and my colleagues read a lot of student prose. Trying to hard to right write offen affects their work negatively.

At lease they all use spell chuckers!

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deferred ajudifimacation, or so I was once informed by a defendant who wanted some of that deferred ajudifimacation.

Hope that helps.

Posts: 37 | Location: Richmond, Texas, USA | Registered: July 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't worry, Jane, it all gets straightened out at the arrangement docket.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I even had a trial with an attorney who, not only said "cowobborate" for "corroborate", but when she tried to say "collaborate", she'd say "co-WAB-bo-WATE."

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must be the same defense attorney that objected in my trial that the State had "vibrated his clients rights.....prophylactically speaking"

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had an attorney objecting that the prosecutor's argument was duplicious. (I think that's like getting two desserts. Two scoops of ice cream is duplicious.)

posted Hide Post
This entire thread definitely is worthy of being sent to Judge Buchmyer!

Janette Ansolabehere

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite still has to be the at least one police report I get a year on a sex case where the investigator reports the victim was touched in the "gentile" area.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And then there's the officer up here who, in an ever-so-helpful nudge to the reviewing prosecutor, noted that the suspect at the scene made a "rejestized" statement. I'm glad I didn't really pay any attention during law school, since we weren't taught the proper terminology anyway. Wink

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is all 'cause of them nukeular powerplants.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an officer who testified that a defendant made a "raised chest up" statement. I also like the offense report that said the defendant kicked the officer in the "growing area." I certainly hope it wasn't growing after a kick!

posted Hide Post
The somewhat (in)famous Houston defense Walter Pink (RIP), used to constantly amuse me by complaining about the "revalance" of the state's evidence. I once asked him if revalance was the same as relevance, and he said "If you don't know I'm not going to tell you." Bless his heart...

Posts: 37 | Location: Richmond, Texas, USA | Registered: July 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twas the late, great Walter Pink's client whose right I "vibrated.�

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, Jane, see to what you have been reduced in John's absence? Is it any wonder he has taken to wearing pastels?