TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Pre-trial diversion revisit: fee and/or restitution ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre-trial diversion revisit: fee and/or restitution ? Login/Join 
posted
I have checked the prior posts in this forum on pretrial diversion, and I have not found an answer to this particular question. Under CCP 102.012, can you charge a fine and/or impose restitution in addition to the supervision fee? I can find no cases on this.

Here in the home of the Stratford Elks (1A State Champions!) two kids (17 years old, not juveniles) from a rival school set fire to(immolated) our Elk mascot (fiberglass, not live, fortunately). They seem to be good kids, it was a dumb prank, and I'd like to just get them to pay restitution and maybe a fine but not give them a criminal mischief record.

Any suggestions?

[This message was edited by Kim Allen on 12-29-05 at .]

Posts: 24 | Location: Stratford, Texas, Sherman | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make them dress up in one of those 2 part costumes normally seen as horses, with one being the front and one being the rear and walk in the next town parade - and they have to switch ends at the 1/2 way point. Oh, wait. You mean on the Restitution issue... sorry. Got excited and started typing w/o reading the whole thing.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
make them pay the restitution prior to them being able to accepting the PTD.
Often times w/our hot check cases that are first timers, we'll reduce it to a class C, but only once they pay off the checks w/in a reasonable amount of time. If not able to, then probation.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You cannot charge a fine or court costs, but you could make restitution one of the rules of pre-trial diversion. E-mail me if you need a copy of some forms.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post