TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    search of car basis of search warrant of home
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

search of car basis of search warrant of home Login/Join 
posted
I have a case in which law enforcement receives complaints and crimestoppers tips about an individual selling narcotics from a residence. Law enforcement set up surveillance of the residence, and when the defendant leaves, they stop him on a traffic violation. He has approximately $5,000 in cash, a container of marijuana, and synthetic urine in the car. Law enforcement apply for a warrant for the defendant's residence based on the fact that he had just left the residence and the belief that it is common for a dealer to carry around a small amount of money with them and leave a larger amount at the residence. The warrant was signed, and drugs were located in the residence. I am preparing for a suppression hearing and cannot seem to locate the case I found that says items found in the car cannot properly provide probable cause for a search warrant. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post