TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Tampering with evidence
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tampering with evidence Login/Join 
posted
I remember one of you out there suggesting that you could charge a suspect who has been arrested for possession of coke for swallowing a bag of coke hidden in his sock and then swallowed while being booked into the jail. How? Suspect refused treatment at the hospital thus no upchuked bag and I dare not ask the jailers if they monitored his poop. Another but crack delivery for Brad!!!

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the title you used in your post is the answer. Charge the guy with tampering with or destroying evidence. All you have to do is be able to describe the evidence in the indictment, which doesn't seem to be a problem in your case and an investigation or proceeding had clearly begun. May not be as high an offense depending upon the amount of drugs he swallowed but it beats nothing. I don't think you actually have to produce the evidence to prosecute him for it, otherwise, destroying evidence would be impossible to prosecute....(a day later) ok, ok. I've been the butt of a crack joke.

[This message was edited by Tim Cole on 10-03-03 at .]

Posts: 283 | Location: Montague, Texas, USA | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post