TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Certified Juvenile, trial question about his confession
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Certified Juvenile, trial question about his confession Login/Join 
posted
I have a jury trial coming up against a juvenile certified as an adult for murder. He gave a great confession (totally admissible), but if the defense attorney starts questioning the "voluntariness", should I have the JP magistrate come to testify?

Posts: 71 | Location: Angleton, Texas, USA | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always have the JP on standby and don't forget to put him on the witness list too.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you know that is the issue, have the JP ready. Don't forget to speak w/ JP ahead of time. I tried and AGG Robbery once, and the JP testified that he might have admonished the child on the wrong charge, with the wrong range of punishment. Conviction reversed by COA.

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post