TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    facebook evidence
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

facebook evidence Login/Join 
posted

Question:
I have a harassment case where my victim received numerous messages via facebook. Has anyone had success in getting facebook messages admitted and how did you prove them up?

Choices:
this topic

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A subpoena duces tecum or court order to Facebook for preservation of the Defendant's account and user information should get you most of the demographic information you need to tie the Defendant to the posts. It's an admission, so no hearsay problems. There was a Facebook subpoena floating around the forum last week or let me know and I'll send you one.

Posts: 66 | Location: Travis County, TX, USA | Registered: August 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much! I did send a request on the other topic but if you wouldn't mind could you forward me what you have?? Thanks so much!
vjones@co.jefferson.tx.us

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can someone please send me a copy of the facebook subpoena and information as well? Thanks

edna.herrera@co.cameron.tx.us

Posts: 2 | Location: Brownsville, TX USA | Registered: May 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take a facebook subpoena as well if you have one.

bfoley@co.brazos.tx.us

Posts: 20 | Location: Livingston, Polk County | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post