TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Moving While On Probation: HELP!!

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Moving While On Probation: HELP!! Login/Join 
posted
Currently on probation in Travis County with a pending case in Williamson County. My lawyer says he is getting my Will. County case dismissed, and in the interim I have been offered a senior managemnt position - the opportunity I have been dreaming of - outside of Dallas, Texas.

My normal PO officer is "out of town" and her fill-in told me I cannot "move" to Dallas while still on probation. Having recently lost my job, I can't imagine what I will do if I can't move to Dallas to start work next week. My lawyer seems to think it is okay, but the PO scared the wits out of me and I am scared I'll get arrested.

I havent sold my house yet, and I would be spending each week in Dallas and commutting back on the weekends until we sell our home. My Question: Will I get arrested if I start work next Monday in Dallas?

Posts: 1 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: March 18, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the TDCAA Bulletin Boards. The discussions in these user forums are for the benefit of prosecutors and their staff members, although we welcome relevant and appropriate input from other members of the criminal justice and government lawyer community. The opinions expressed on this forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of TDCAA, its staff, or any other member of the association. These forums are NOT a source of legal advice for citizens. Call the State Bar of Texas (800/204-2222) for information on seeking legal advice.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Report This Post