TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Name that judge
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name that judge Login/Join 
posted
"I think if it were within my power and we were within Travis County, a sentence of 20 years probation, if possible, would be appropriate. But that is not the law, and I'm not in Travis County. As a judge, I am bound to follow the law, and the minimum penalty in this case is 25 years."

Words from a recent sentencing before a visiting judge for a habitual DWI felon facing 25-99 or life in prison in Williamson County.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baird?

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well at least he followed the law, unlike our Wooldridge case. Even after the CCA remanded it, and the trial court (new judge) followed the mandate, I still had to fight it again in 11th COA (note the opinion ,11-08-00134-CR, still does not want to follow the CCA, but does) and PDR has been filed on it once again (3d PDR). It is a never ending battle.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite part of any Williamson County story is reading the readers comments that follow the story. They sure love JB!

Posts: 261 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I've got to get my kids and mom to stop posting.

[This message was edited by JB on 02-16-10 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post