TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    smells like sex
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

smells like sex Login/Join 
posted
I am amazed at how many replies there were for "cigarettes, stale beer and sex," however, no replies for my "Administrative Searches," question. I hate to rack your brains!

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since you insist, I"ll take take a shot.

In Griffin v. Wisconsin, the United States Supreme Court held that state probation officers' warrantless search of a probationer's apartment was permissible after the officers obtained information that the apartment might contain guns. 483 U.S. 868, 874, 107 S.Ct. 3164, 3168, 97 L.Ed.2d 709 (1987).

United States v. Lewis, 71 F.3d 358, 363 (10th Cir.1995) (holding that the warrantless search of the defendant's residence by parole agents and police acting at the agents' request did not violate the Fourth Amendment where it was supported by reasonable suspicion).

McArthur v. State, 1 S.W.3d 323, 332 (Tex.App.-Fort Worth 1999, no pet.) (defendant convicted of indecency with child; condition requiring him to permit searches for sexually explicit materials did not violate Fourth Amendment: "his rights may be diminished only to the extent necessary for his reformation and rehabilitation.")

Posts: 67 | Registered: February 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post